Blog Title

Blog Title

Monday, January 17, 2011

Months 1-6

 

 

 

 


The first 6 months of her life were very normal. I did start noticing tiny little bruises on her legs and we made note that when she would scratch her face it would bleed and take a while to heal. I brought it up with the pediatrician on 3 different occasions but we were told that she was just fine and not to worry. At her 6 month appointment, I brought it up again. I had called in after her 4 month shots because I thought she bled to long after her shots. At that time I was told they must have hit a vessel and that happens sometimes and not to worry. I reiterated all my concerns about bruises and prolonged bleeding. It was the first time I ever heard Von Willebrand's Disease. Dr. Davis thought she could have it and that I should get tested first, since it is hereditary. That would be the plan. 5 minutes later the nurse came in to give her shots....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment