Blog Title

Blog Title

Monday, January 17, 2011

For infusion of Humate-P

In November we went into Santa Rosa for her 3 month check-up and for her next round of immunizations. As always, I took her Humate-P. Every precaution was taken to prevent a bleed but after all of that when the bandages were removed all 4 shot sites were still bleeding. It was decided that she would be given Humate-P. We used the one I brought since it was readily available.

I cried and cried. The administration was much faster and smoother than I thought it would be. 5 seconds top. And within 15 minutes, she was not bleeding anymore. The last time she got shots (the shots that lead us on this journey) she bled for 18 hours. As disappointed that I was that she could not clot on her own and maybe all this VWD talk was nonsense, seeing the ease and proficiency of Humate-P gives me a piece of mind. She has a bleed that won't stop, we give her Humate-P and everything is ok. I'll take that.

No comments:

Post a Comment