Blog Title

Blog Title

Friday, February 4, 2011

Infusion #2

During our wonderful dinner with the hematologist (see previous post) my mom stayed home with the littles (hey, I was going to take full advantage of the free wine and dinner at Ruth's Chris). Thanks mimi! She mentioned to me that I needed to put away Camdyn's little chair because she caught her just before she tried to stand up in it. I heard her and intended on doing it the next morning when she was awake.

Saturday morning we were all getting ready for Caden's basketball game when we heard a thud and then a cry. Sure enough she had pulled out that dang chair and I assume (did not see it happen) she stood up and fell forward. She hit her forehead on the door jam. It did not look good. No blood just a big goose egg. I called the hemo on call and was on hold for a couple minutes before I just decided to take her in.

We had previously been instructed to go only to Santa Rosa's ER. They took her in quickly. The ER doctor did not seem concerned about the bump and was confident there was not internal bleeding but called hematology to be extra careful. It was decided to give her an infusion to just be on the safe side. As much as I hated this for her it out weighs the alternative of an internal head bleed.

The infusion was much faster and less traumatic than the first. Excellent nurse got a vein on the first poke. She never showed any symptoms or problems. It was nice knowing she was at normal levels for the next 18 hours too. She was left with a nasty bruise on her forehead but thankfully that is all.

I wish, wish, wish I could keep her bruise free (especially her little face.)

No comments:

Post a Comment